Classic: Donna Summer - Four Seasons of Love

Given the death of the disco movement icon I must say that even as I don't like most mainstream music, there were a couple of songs I went nuts for when I discovered disco music back when I was three years old. "McArthur Park" and "I feel love" from Donna Summer. Many many years later, when I was starting my vinyl collection a friend music producer and arranger just threw away his almost 800 records, just because the media was obsolete and he didn't new I was looking for records; disco music records. He probably owned almost every disco record in existence. He traveled to west germany, england, and the US to learn how to produce disco music for mexican artists between 1977 and 1979. Obviously I wanted to assassinate him but I didn't have the courage. He kept a couple of records though. One was "Get Up and Boogie" by Silver Convention and the other was this one. In emotional repair he gifted both to me so I ran to my turn table to listen and this one had one of the best recording sounds that were available in those times. The engineering is impeccable, the songs are well written, the mix and cut (mastering) are perfect.

This release made to the #29 place in the billboard 200 so it's not as known as all the others. It received a gold record though. For me it's her best record. Period. Unfortunately the sound in digital format doesn't come even close to the printed vinyl.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cinematic Orchestra - Man with a moving camera

The resurgence of the vinyl record